POSITION FILLED. THANKS TO ALL WHO APPLIED.
Due to a successful start to 2014 we're expanding the Drupal team!
Come and join our well established UK team as a web developer building Drupal powered solutions. We build and support interactive sites and applications of all kinds, so every project can offer different challenges and solutions.
You'll have the opportunity to be involved with projects ranging from international brands, enterprise public sector organisations through to charities and media sites. We also run several internal projects which you'll have chance to provide input and development for - this is where we often experiment with new ideas, techniques and technologies first.
The technical skills we're looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of Drupal & its configuration.
- Extensive experience with Panels, Views, Context, Features.
- Experience of working with a sourcecode version control system.
- Comfortable using a terminal command line.
- Working in an Agile project management process.
- Any experience with a testing framework (PHPUnit, Codeception, Behat etc.)
The type of person we’re looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent time management with the ability to handle a varying workload, while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Calm, considered and methodical.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
Ideally you'll have 2+ years commercial experience of working as part of a team.
Your work will cover a variety of areas, including:
- Building new applications and sites from the ground up with the Drupal CMS.
- Extending existing Drupal projects which may have been designed and developed by a 3rd party agency.
- Evaluating new technologies and techniques to improve the teams knowledge and skills.
- 3rd line support for complex cases from our clients.
- Internal projects to create or improve our services.
As you may notice, we love Drupal! So previous experience of the technology and API is required. There's a chance to play with the latest tools and contribute back to the Drupal open source community as part of your daily work.
Most importantly we’re looking for somebody who is friendly, positive, enthusiastic and hungry to learn as part of our team.
We actively encourage staff to further their web skills by attending and presenting at conferences, camps and training days.
Ixis have sponsored, organised and attended Drupalcon Europe, DrupalCamps and DrupalDevDays in Europe every year.
We host fortnightly in-house knowledge sharing sessions enabling the team to present and learn from each other.
Ideally we'd like your work will be carried out on-site at our lovely office in Warrington, Cheshire, UK, but we may consider remote working depending on experience and ability. You will be required to visit the office throughout the year so ability to travel is necessary.
There may also be some occasional travel involved for client meetings from Scotland to the South East and anywhere in-between. Therefore this position will only be suitable for UK residents.
Why Work For Ixis?
We've been in the Drupal business for over 9 years, it's what we do, whether it's providing consultancy, architecting solutions, developing sites or hosting large scale projects. We think it keeps our staff focused and highly skilled experts in our industry. We care about the open source software we use - and ensure we contribute our time and code back to the projects in our day to day job.
Our business is growing at a rapid rate and this is the perfect time to get onboard, helping us to shape the future of Drupal and its implementation in the UK and Europe.
We work with a wide range of high calibre clients and are well respected by both the Public and Private sector in consultancy, development and hosting. We host and support some of the biggest Drupal sites including The British Council, The Care Quality Commission, Times Education, VSO and Bristol City Council.
We run a fun, friendly, and relaxed office environment as well as regular evening and weekend activities with the team.
As a perk of working on site you’ll be treated to the very best development environment hardware in the shape of a well specced 27” display iMac.
Apply: Submit your cover letter and CV using the form at http://www.ixis.co.uk/job-application
Hours: We work 35 hours per week with a flexible start or finish time to fit around busy traffic periods and family commitments.
Holidays: 28 paid days per year.
Salary: £25,000 - £33,000
Training: An individual budget for training/conference/event ticket fees, accommodation, travel and time off for learning.
No recruitment consultants to contact us please.