Come and join our well established UK team as a senior Drupal support technician. We support interactive sites and applications of all kinds, so every client can offer different challenges and solutions each month.
You'll have the opportunity to be involved with projects ranging from international brands, enterprise public sector organisations through to charities and media sites. We also run several internal projects which you'll have chance to provide input and development for if you wish - this is where we often experiment with new ideas, techniques and technologies first!
The technical skills we're looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of Drupal & its configuration.
- Extensive experience with Panels, Views, Features.
- Experience of working with a source code version control system.
- Comfortable using a terminal command line.
The type of person we’re looking for:
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Calm, considered and methodical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent time management with the ability to handle a varying workload, while maintaining a high quality of wor
Ideally you'll have 3+ years commercial experience of working as part of a team.
Your work will cover a variety of areas, including:
- 3rd line support for complex cases from our clients.
- On-boarding of large Drupal sites to our service desk and platform.
- Preparation and participation in regular client Service Reviews.
- Extending existing Drupal projects which may have been designed and developed by a 3rd party agency.
- Internal projects to create or improve our services.
As you may notice, we love Drupal! There's a chance to play with the latest tools and contribute back to the Drupal open source community as part of your daily work.
Most importantly we’re looking for somebody who is friendly, positive, enthusiastic and hungry to learn as part of our team.
We actively encourage staff to further their web skills by attending and presenting at conferences, camps and training days.
Ixis have sponsored, organised and attended Drupalcon Europe, DrupalCamps and DrupalDevDays.
Ideally we would like your work to be carried out on-site at our lovely office in Warrington, Cheshire, UK, but we may consider remote working depending on experience and ability. You will be required to visit the office throughout the year so ability to travel is necessary.
There may also be some occasional travel involved for client meetings from Scotland to the South East and anywhere in-between. Therefore this position will only be suitable for UK residents.
Why Work For Ixis?
We've been in the Drupal business for over 10 years, it's all we do, whether it's providing consultancy, architecting solutions, providing support services, developing sites or hosting large scale projects. We think it keeps our staff focused and highly skilled experts in our industry. We care about the open source software we use - and ensure we contribute our time and code back to the projects in our day to day job.
Our business is always growing and this is the perfect time to get onboard, helping us to shape the future of Drupal and its implementation in the UK and Europe.
We work with a wide range of high calibre clients and are well respected by both the Public and Private sector in consultancy, development, support and hosting. We host and support some of the biggest UK public sector sites.
We run a fun, friendly, and relaxed office environment as well as regular evening and weekend activities with the team.
As a perk of working on site you’ll be treated to the very best development environment hardware in the shape of a well specced 27” display iMac.
Apply: Submit your cover letter and CV using the form at http://www.ixis.co.uk/job-application
Hours: We work 37.5 hours per week with a flexible start or finish time to fit around busy traffic periods and family commitments.
Holidays: 33 paid days per year.
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
Training: An individual budget for training/conference/event ticket fees, accommodation, travel and time off for learning is provided each year.