Linux Systems Engineer
As a Systems Engineer, you will join a dedicated team taking responsibility for our clients Linux-based Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure.
You will work to improve the reliability, monitoring and quality of the hosting and support services provided by Ixis, and provide a comprehensive technical resource to projects and tasks, working with a range of technologies and clients.
Projects will include building high availability hosting solutions on AWS, migrating client’s applications to these platforms, and the development and implementation of internal technical solutions.
Key responsibilities are:
- Maintaining a variety of hosting systems
- 2nd line infrastructure support
- Design and implementation of hosting systems
- Technical advisory to the sales team
You will need:
- Experience in using AWS and other cloud services to provide scalable, robust hosting
- Experience of administering a wide range of Open Source technical software
- Experience of general administration of Linux servers and networking
- Experience of infrastructure and application monitoring solutions.
- Experience with Linux containers and best practices
- Experience of migrating, configuring, and troubleshooting common web CMS platforms
- Scripting, configuration, and troubleshooting skills
- Automation and DevOps skills and experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to work proactively on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Awareness of ITIL, Information Security frameworks, and working within a Quality Management System
Technologies will include:
- Linux (primarily Ubuntu)
- Drupal/WordPress/Shopware/Magento, and similar CMS PHP based platforms
- Ansible configuration management
- Docker/Kubernetes/LXD container technologies
- Bash/Python scripting
- MySQL administration and performance optimisation