- Specialists - Ixis have specialised in open source software since we started in 2004
- Community - Benefit from the expertise of millions within the open source community
- Transparency - There will be no hidden surprises, open source is exactly as it says - open
- Reliability - Open source code is often superior to that of proprietary developed in secrecy
- Security - Huge communities testing and vetting new code enabling open source to remain secure
- Cost Effective - Open source platforms like WordPress have no license fees keeping costs down
Open source refers to a program or software in which the source code is available to the general public from its original design free of charge. Ixis worked exclusively in Drupal for a number of years, becoming the UK’s leading dedicated agency. When we had honed our skills in Drupal to perfection and built one of the most diverse portfolios in the UK, ranging from enterprises to local government and third sector organisations, we expanded our expertise to include other open source platforms. This means that we can offer our services to an even wider range of businesses.
By choosing an open source product such as Drupal or Wordpress, it means your budget will be spent on functionality and features rather than recurring licensing costs. With communities full of passionate developers, designers, trainers, strategists, coordinators, editors, and sponsors working together there are thousands of eyes on the code, keeping it secure and up to date.
Ixis are a technical agency specialising in open source development, hosting and support. Established in 2004, we have worked with a wide array of third sector organisations such as Epilepsy action, British Council, The Donkey Sanctuary and International Alert.
We concentrate on the technical side of open source. This allows us to keep ahead of the game and makes sure we’re always at the forefront of the industry, which can only serve to benefit you.
You don't need to be a technology expert
Find out more about how Ixis, open source and particularly Drupal help to provide charities with robustness, scalability and value for their web projects.
Download your copy of our Third Sector Guide To Open Source below.